Re: cause of arrow key problem is libsdl bug (was: [glob2-devel] another

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: cause of arrow key problem is libsdl bug (was: [glob2-devel] another bug)
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 10:28:55 +1200

From Joe Wells,

In my patch (which I think Leo committed to main), I added code to _stop_ the arrow keys from doing anything when additional modifiers (like Alt, etc.) are pressed.
[snip]
perhaps until the libsdl bug is fixed the code should be changed to allow the arrow keys to work even if additional modifiers are pressed.

I've commited a patch (but also some files I didn't know, sorry ^_^). It compiles and works for me.

Basically, I made another if. Rather than lock it to CTRL only, I changed the code so it is disabled arrow use when ALT or Shift are also presses, works with just arrows, and the half screen CTRL jumping with arrows is still there.

As I said, works for me (my first C++ work too, I'm so happy ^_^) but there might be hidden issues?

Regards
Kieran