Re: [glob2-devel] GameGUI re-organization

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] GameGUI re-organization
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 01:03:09 +0200

Stéphane Magnenat wrote:
It would also be nice to have all default key assignments stored in an external config file. GameGUIKeyActions could have a load function taking the name of this file as parameter.

*agreed* but it's more than nice to have.
the procedure would be: load default_keys.conf && load personal_keys.conf so deleting some/all lines of the latter would lead to a clean config while configuration (both default and personalized) can be done without compiling in a coherent way.

Questions for me are:
do we have more than one key per action?
bind buildSchool1 s
bind buildSchool1 <shift>s

Representation of that?
Action | key1 | key2

do we have more than one action per key?
bind buildSchool1 s
bind buildSchool2 s
bind buildSchool3 s

Representation?

do we handle keypressed or also keydown/keyup?
bind forbiddenBrush +x
bind previousAction -x

Greetings,

Leo Wandersleb