Re: cleaning up key binding (was: [glob2-devel] GameGUI re-organization)

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: cleaning up key binding (was: [glob2-devel] GameGUI re-organization)
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 15:33:23 -0400

Ok, I'm pretty much complete the new Keyboard Bindings, including support for other languages. This support was tricky to do though, I have had to seperate regular keys from character keys.

I went through all of the SDL key possibilities, and anything that SDL supports as a non alpha key, I have added a translation in the translation files, which is retrieved when naming the key. The only exception is ctrl, shift and alt, which are ignored. I'm not entirely sure of this code, however. While it works on my american keyboard layout, it may fall apart on other keyboard layouts, or other languages. Feel free to test, the branch is gamegui_rewrite_2007.

--
Really. I'm not lieing. Bradley Arsenault.