[glob2-devel] new glob2 working: my first bugs on latest version (includ

From: Joe Wells
Subject: [glob2-devel] new glob2 working: my first bugs on latest version (including a crash!)
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 13:20:09 +0100

• New Bug: The “Scroll Wheel Enabled” control shows up (and is usable)
  on all settings screens.

• (Old?) Bug: The tutorial claims “on either side of the bar, there
  are two arrows”.  However, it is impossible to see any arrow.  There
  are two rounded controls containing triangles, but that does not
  match the meaning of the word “arrow”.  I suggest changing the text
  to “on either side of the bar, there are two rounded controls with
  triangles pointing left and right”.

• Lack of a bug (hurray!): The tutorial text is *much* nicer than when
  I first took the tutorial.  Good job!

• Old Bug: It is impossible to change the size of the window with
  usual window manager controls (e.g., by dragging the corner of the
  window or using the maximize button).

• (Old???) Bug: When I tried to save the tutorial game, the default
  name suggested was “Auto save”.  (I'm guessing this is because at
  the time Auto_save.game was the only file already existing in
  ~/.glob2/games?)  A much better default name would be something
  including the word “Tutorial”.

• Bug: When I quit while playing the tutorial (after saving), I got
  a crash with this message:

    glob2: libgag/include/StreamBackend.h:66: virtual void
GAGCore::FileStreamBackend::write(const void*, size_t): Assertion `fp' failed.
    ORDER_PLAYER_QUIT_GAME

• Bug: The default build does not seem to compile in debugging
  information.  I think that only in official releases should
  debugging be turned off.

--
Joe