[glob2-devel] how to build with scons on Ubuntu Dapper Drake (was: scons

From: Joe Wells
Subject: [glob2-devel] how to build with scons on Ubuntu Dapper Drake (was: scons failure: SConsEnvironment instance has no attribute 'Clone')
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 13:02:54 +0100

Joe Wells <address@hidden> writes:

> Changing env.Clone back to env.Copy in SConstruct allows scons to
> proceed to the next error.  I will describe that in my next message.

Okay, I need to install some packages.  For the record, this is what
seems to be needed on Ubuntu (at least on the “Dapper Drake” version):

  apt-get build-dep glob2
  apt-get install scons libsdl-ttf2.0-dev libboost-thread-dev

The above gets the packages needed for the old glob2 α21 version, plus
three additional packages needed for newer versions.

I suggest adding the above instructions to INSTALL.

Then, I discover that the file src/SConscript is also using
env.Clone.  I change that to env.Copy.

Scons makes this complaint but seems to proceed anyway:

  scons: warning: Ignoring missing SConscript 'libusl/SConscript'

I get these three compilation warnings:

  src/MultiplayerGame.cpp: In member function 'void
MultiplayerGame::recieveMessage(boost::shared_ptr<NetMessage>)':
  src/MultiplayerGame.cpp:399: warning: converting negative value
'-0x00000000000000001' to 'Uint32'

  src/NetEngine.cpp: In member function 'bool NetEngine::matchCheckSums()':
  src/NetEngine.cpp:122: warning: converting negative value
'-0x00000000000000001' to 'Uint32'

  src/Order.cpp: In constructor 'Order::Order()':
  src/Order.cpp:30: warning: converting negative value '-0x00000000000000001'
to 'Uint32'

I now have a working glob2.  Will report back.

--
Joe