Re: [glob2-devel] scons failure: SConsEnvironment instance has no attrib

From: Joe Wells
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] scons failure: SConsEnvironment instance has no attribute 'Clone'
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 12:47:23 +0100

"Kieran P" <address@hidden> writes:

> The problem with that is, there probably wont be a deb right away if Nct cant
> sort out how to use scons (I have the same problem chaning my rpm scripts).
>
> It might just be source and windows releases to begin with.

A check of the scons changelog reveals that “env.Clone” is a new name
for “env.Copy”, which still exists.  This change happened in version
0.96.93 which means that only Ubuntu Feisty (very latest official
version from 3 months ago) will have it.

Changing env.Clone back to env.Copy in SConstruct allows scons to
proceed to the next error.  I will describe that in my next message.

> Whats so wrong with making it by hand?

I have no plan to increase my system administration workload.

> quick check: there is a .deb package for the latest scons :P I dont know what
> you are going on about :P
>
> http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/scons/scons_0.97-0.1_all.deb

I can try this.  I don't like installing random .debs but its a lot
better than installing random source packages.

Can't do this right now though as sourceforge is crapping out right
now for some strange reason.  I'll try later.

--
Joe