Re: [glob2-devel] How to make debug symbols?

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] How to make debug symbols?
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 20:22:23 +0100

> Tanks, now it works. I was missing the "hg update tip" step that I tought was
> needed only to update the copy.
> Before that step there is a bootstep script and no SConstruct.

Ah, I forgot.  The newer mercurial versions automatically update to
the latest revision of the "default" branch when cloning.  Seven month
ago I changed the name of our main branch to "master".  Therefore
mercurial updates automatically to an old pre-scons revision.

I wanted to rename the branchname from "master" back to "default", so
that we could profit from this new behaviour.  But at that time we had
high development and I didn't want to cause confusion.

Erik created a glob2 branch called "optimized" where he did some
profiling on the particle engine.  He also gave some advise on how to
profile: Either it is in the mailing list or in the wiki.

Currently all old developers are busy with non-glob2 tasks.  This will
definitely change at christmas - maybe even sooner.

Don't be shy to ask questions, if you need help to find your way around.