Re: [glob2-devel] Screen resolution crash dans include missing

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Screen resolution crash dans include missing
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 14:55:47 +0000

>   I attached a patch with some bug corrections. Two header inclusions
> missing, and an inverted code leading to a illegal access.

I'll look into this (the patch of your second mail), if nobody else does.

>   I didn't find how to clean the project to remove all object files. I
> didn't find how to exclude hidden files from the diff. So you'll find a
> lot of scons related diffs.

# ./scons -c

>   So I correct for a comprehensive message. But, never you check the
> return of DrawableSurface::setRes, so you'll die if the SDLSurface was
> not well drawn. And more, you initialize DrawableSurface::sdlsurface so
> many time you risk to have memory leaks.
>
>   If you want, I can check it out.

Testing is always welcome, though glob2-0.9.1 is not our developmental
branch and memory leaks might
already be fixed.

>   So I would like to remove all C-style in/out function, and replace it
> with std::cin/std::cout with boost::format. Only to introduce new bugs,
> of course ;)

I don't think this is worth it.  If you plan on joining
glob2-development for a longer time period
and the c-style output annoys you, I'd say it would be ok for you to change it.
But in this case it would be advisable to use mercurial, so that you
can work efficiently on our
developmental branches.