Re: [glob2-devel] Glob2 Gameplay Unbalanced

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Glob2 Gameplay Unbalanced
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 23:24:21 +0200

Let the users decide for themselves which settings they want.
As devs we should only state an official setting which will be used
for ladders. The AIs should be optimized against those.
By the way: In ladder matches it is a positive to have the good ones
win the games.

> Its unbalanced in that a player whos skills are only marginally
> better than another player will almost always beat them.

> * Fruit conversion is heavily overpowered, and worse yet, its unpredictable.

This does not match!
If you want to remove what you call "unbalanced", than the easiest and
efficient ways to do this are exactly to create overpowered and
unpredictable features.

If we want to increase the range of people that can play against each
other, we should increase randomness in powerful features as fruit.
Again - only for those players you want it.