[glob2-devel] New Unit Assignment Visual Hint

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: [glob2-devel] New Unit Assignment Visual Hint
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 21:02:35 -0400

I've been told that allot of new gamers get confused about why what they want to happen (building construction for example) isn't happening. So I've added a simple visual clue to help with this. When a building calls for units, if that unit can't work for the building (not counting wrong unit type, or the unit not being free), a red marker is placed on the unit assignment. So, for example, if you construct a school before a pool, all the wood will be filled up, and eventually, rather than having the unit working bar empty, there will be 2 red markers showing that, although there where free units, none where actually able to reach the resource.

In the players mind, he'll realize that although he sees free units, there is some sort of error preventing them from working for the school to get the algae. I could even extend this further, and make it so that when the building is selected, the reasons would be listed on the right hand side.

Fruit as a resource is ignored in all cases.

This should help players be less confused when what they want to occur isn't occurring.

--
Extra cheese comes at a cost. Bradley Arsenault.