[glob2-devel] Revised Beta 4 Todo List

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: [glob2-devel] Revised Beta 4 Todo List
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 18:46:29 -0400

I've revised the Beta 4 todo list, eliminating items that are completed. I have also removed a few uncompleted elements to be postponed until the Beta 5 or 1.0 release. Because of the heavily expanded YOG architecture (and YOG is generally where the most bugs are), and the clearing flag bug in the beta 3 release, it would be wise to eliminate big ticket items and release Beta 4 sooner. I feel that we should do a Beta 5 release, rather than going straight to 1.0.

Tutorial, Campaigns and Scripts
- Add new hooks so that map scripts can respond to simple gui events (the tutorial will be more interactive this way)
- Improve the hilight system to be able to hilight only specific building type, level and under construction and be able to hilight, only certain skill levels on units and only certain teams on both buildings and units
- Possibly finish and implement USL, as branching, loops, variables and general turing-completeness are desperately needed for map scripts
- If USL implemented, add the ability to set timers on objectives, which would be shown in the objectives screen
- If USL implemented, add a better system for gathering statistics, for GUI event hooks, etc... that where not possible with linear SGSL
- If USL implemented, add the ability to set and change the music track thats playing

Map Editor
- The general layout of the right side panels in the map editor aren't well organized in some situations

YOG In General
- Add a menu to view the ratings of players near your rank, search for players and view their rank and info

In-Game
- A new library needs to be used to make VOIP work on any platform, possibly OpenAL or port audio

Miscellaneous
- Figure out why LAN auto-detection doesn't work and make it work

--
Extra cheese comes at a cost. Bradley Arsenault.