Re: [glob2-devel] Revised Beta 4 Todo List

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Revised Beta 4 Todo List
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 12:17:12 -0400

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 7:23 AM, Stephane Magnenat <address@hidden> wrote:
> *In-Game*
> - A new library needs to be used to make VOIP work on any platform,
> possibly OpenAL or port
> audio***<http://www.globulation2.org/wiki/Wishlist#Gate_House> *

I know I am repeating myself, but why do we need a new library? We just need
some audio input code for OS X, which should be trivial for any OS X
developer.

Have a nice day,

Because the current code doesn't work reliably on their respective systems. The windows code works on some windows machines but not others. and the same for the linux code although not as badly, because it uses deprecated OSS system. I've already begun work on making the system optionally use port audio if its installed, port audio as a library is surprisingly easy to use and plugs in with less then 50 lines of code.

--
Extra cheese comes at a cost. Bradley Arsenault.