Re: [glob2-devel] Hg cleanup status

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Hg cleanup status
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 00:42:47 +0100

On Wednesday 26 November 2008 00:36:54 Kai Antweiler wrote:
> > On Wednesday 26 November 2008 00:12:49 Kai Antweiler wrote:
> >> You are absolutely right. We ignore the undering concept - as we often
> >> do. We have only a hand full of active developers. Therefore it isn't
> >> that bad.
> >>
> >> If some users already have those revisions locally (which is unlikely
> >> because they aren't in the default branch), it won't hurt.
> >
> > As far as I know, updating or cloning the repository does clone
> > everything. So
> > this is not clean :-(
>
> I'm not sure, if you are really referring to the mail that you quote.
> It is sad indeed that there is no definite way to clean the repository
> of all users.
> There can't be, because we don't have a central server concept - even
> though we are using a central server.

As far as I know, all developer use hg.globulation2.org as if we had a central
repository, so stripping there and asking people not to taint it with buggy
version should be ok.

hg.globulation2.org is my server so I can do the admin stuff. I would like to
know the extent of the work done in splitting files and whether we can
duplicate it easily, either by hand or by script. I really do not like this
idea of keeping these ugly and useless object files forever.

Have a nice day,