Re: [glob2-devel] Have you heard of this?

From: Shawn Anderson
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Have you heard of this?
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 09:28:18 -0800

I think what Steph was talking about is moving glob2 to 3d rendering without changing the gameplay at all (or at least initially).  Which I would agree doing all the 3D models/animations would be very time consuming.  There appears to be far fewer open source artists than there are programmers.

Once the engine is in 3D land, all the things you mentioned Leo would be fair game for features.

/Shawn

PS I'm always keeping an eye on Glob2, but lack the time to do anything about it.

On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 7:05 AM, Leo Wandersleb <address@hidden> wrote:
Stéphane Magnenat wrote:
> Anyway writing a 3d engine for glob2 is somewhat trivial,

lets say straight forward.

> what is not is doing the graphics...

do you really think that doing the models in 3d is more work than preparing glob2 for 3d-use???
i strongly doubt that.
- a good user interface
- fog of war
- map change to real height map
- change in the gradient so that "up" is slower than "down"
are only some of the changes that come to my mind that would take me longer than the 3d-models.
also finding additional artists for the grafix would be easy.

greetz,

leo