Re: [glob2-devel] server was down

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] server was down
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 10:46:23 +0100

Kieran P wrote:
> I didn't have time to touch it (was going to get to it this weekend), so I
> guess it came right on it's own...

hmm.. strange. might other processes have interfered? might my provider
temporarily? would be good to know what happened. :/
> It does show we need some type of automation to tell us when the server goes
> offline (emailing developers or something). The server was off how long? A
> day or two?

It was not "off" at all and I'm afraid that's the problem. The process
was running and as far as I can tell it was even responding. So a sort
of ping responder built in would not solve the problem. No Idea what
would. Maybe if the client should report issues to a different service?
http://globulation2.org/reportbug.php?info=.... would be easy to do.

greetings,

leo wandersleb