Re: [glob2-devel] upgrade times

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] upgrade times
Date: Sun, 03 May 2009 13:11:47 +0200

Stéphane Magnenat wrote:
> The idea is nice, but there is the risk that players try to kill their old
> units to reduce the cost of sustaining them, why is not the type of reasoning
> and values we want to give to children...

now i sometimes send my units on suicide missions (clear the opponents
wheat). that is when i have fruit and he doesn't. this frees slots in my
inns to drain the opponent. with natural death this tactic would become
even less likely. your point is a good one to argue for instantaneously
dying globs as opposed to globs that turn ill.

> Slightly more seriously, for the balance of the game, there should be a fine
> tuning between XP and aging-effects (should we put XP for non-fighting units?
> such as less harm when they take fruits?).

honestly xp does never play a role in any of my games. as long as xp is
not visible people will not play for it. in the end i have little
influence to boost xp apart from building hospitals.

> But in overall the idea is interesting, however it requires tuning.

:)

Regards

Leo