[glob2-devel] Renaming the multiplayer maps to improve the usability

From: Tapani Honkanen
Subject: [glob2-devel] Renaming the multiplayer maps to improve the usability
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 10:32:15 +0300

I think the map selection menu is quite confusing because map names haven't got a unified style and they give no information about the map (except the name).

So there is a map called 'a new try' which tells nothing about the map itself. It could be renamed to "<4p> A New Try", "4p: A New Try" or "4p – A New Try". Yes, I like capital letters but there are another good things in this style. The maps are automatically sorted by how many players can play on the map, thanks to alphabetical order. New players also find maps for the amount of players they are going to play with just by looking at the map list. Player-made maps will (mostly) also be listed after the default maps because there aren't many maps on the server with a number as a first letter of the name. And if default maps have a unified format then some of the mapmakers will, hopefully, name their maps in the same format.

So I suggest this format: "<number of players + p> Name in This Style".

Regards.

Uusi Spaces ja 25 Gt ilmaista SkyDrive tallennustilaa. Lataa Live paketti.