Re: [glob2-devel] changes in non-wiki part of our wiki

From: NanoTech
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] changes in non-wiki part of our wiki
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 16:41:02 -0600

Looking good! I think the front page could benefit from looking less wiki-like, it's a bit overwhelming with all the text and links.

What about completely hiding the "Main Page" title on the main page, but keeping it everywhere else?

For the tagline, here's what I came up with after messing with it a bit in FireBug: http://nanotech.nanotechcorp.net/static/downloads/Globulation_2_Website_Header_Proposal_-_May_24th_2009.png

I removed the "Free and Open Source" part to get it to fit, because it's already stated in the main body text, but word the tagline however you like, or just make the font smaller. :)

The "Developer Center" text looks fine here (Firefox 3.5b4 and Safari 4 on OS X), lots of padding. But maybe Leo fixed it already.

It also might be a good idea to add a more prominent download button. I know there's already lots of links to the download page (sidebar, introduction, news...), but having a really obvious one (maybe as a Globulation-style button?) would prevent having to look for it.

Having the download page auto-detect the user's operating system (like http://www.freecol.org/download.html) would be neat, too.

— NanoTech