Re: [glob2-devel] map squares

From: dryad
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] map squares
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 15:04:53 +0100 (BST)

>> is it possible to modify the pathing of the glob making it go round the
>> corner and not cropping it in case there is an obstacle (any not empty
>> square)?
>
> It is probably more realistic to cut the building in two sprites than
> modifying the pathing.

that wont solve the wall problem anyway cause it's just a 32x32 square...

> This is also an important change that would affect a lot of aspects in the
> game, I am not sure it is worth the change for an aesthetic issue. But we
> certainly can have two sprites for the buildings, one drawn before units,
> one
> drawn after.

well ok, let's consider the game engine definitive. I'll keep working in
the corner cropped style for all the other buildings. No need to make 2
sprites, I'll make some goodlooking workarounds^^.

What would be really needed is the "single file" per item.

> Bye the way, what is the concensus about Dryad's new terrain?

i like it! mmmm think it doesn't count^^