Re: [Gm2] gm2-0.4 released

From: Izo
Subject: Re: [Gm2] gm2-0.4 released
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 23:29:53 +0200

Gaius Mulley wrote:

Hi Iztok,

yes the build for the gcc-3.2.* will now fail. The build for 3.3.1
should succeed. Perhaps we need to keep backwards compatibility?
As I am concerned I would like to have backward compat. back to 2.95.3 ;-) since there is the problem with the arm-linux-gcc-3.x / glibc-2.2.5 with creating/using shared objects (Mr. Munda has been communicating with you some time ago about the matter) I intended to use GM2 for my project where I heavily use the shared objects architecture but I have temporarily stepped aside and I am using the XDS-C to have all-C/C++ build codebase.

I understand that the pngtopnm and pnmtops are not found. Butthe next
time I do make in gcc-host directory, it comes through  - so obviously
something is not quite correct in the build process.

ahh yes it would seem that the `./configure' is not detecting the
absence of these tools. The make break first time (leaving a zero byte
file?) and second time it falsely succeeds. I think the solution is
either to cvs checkin the gnu image we are attempting to build or
alternatively make ./configure halt on absence of pnm tools..
If the gnu image is binary-portable the checkin would be the best solution. Otherwise the configure stop - if these tools are really needed.

Iztok