Re: [Gm2] Another suggestion for GM2

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Another suggestion for GM2
Date: 18 Aug 2004 11:27:39 +0100

Diego Rodríguez Rodríguez <address@hidden> writes:

> I took the idea (and the patch) from GNU Pascal.
>
> If we have built the Modula-2 compiler with the
> sources of the GCC we have installed there is no need
> to install the C part overwriting existing copies of
> 'libgcc.a' and current 'specs'
> So I added the 'gm2.install' (and
> 'gm2.install-with-gcc') target to the GCC Makefile to
> perform a Modula-2 only install (this will help too
> distro maintainers to make packages).

Hi Diego,

many thanks for the patch, this is a welcome addition. This list has
at times discussed the problem of installing new gcc binaries just for
gm2. It looks like this patch could solve the problem. I wonder
whether I could request that you resend the patch using `diff -ru' as
these options make the patch more human readable (should the patch
fail to be automatically applied).

Thanks Gaius