Re: [Gm2] Re: FIO EOF fixed

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Re: FIO EOF fixed
Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 12:35:40 +0100

SiTex Graphics <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Gaius,
>
> I'm going to cautiously say that the EOF code is working.  I still
> have the problem with short reads unless I use my own "vanilla"
> compile of RTgen.  The RTgen.o produced by the make process returns a
> short read when the 16k buffer gets full and the file length is
> greater than 16k but less than 32k.  I can put together a test case if
> that would help.

Hi Scott,

yes please - the more test code the better.  I'm going to write some
test code which reads exactly 16k and pushes a char back and then
reads until eof and pushes a char back.

> Also, although wraptime.c has the fix for seconds, I only get reliable
> results for seconds by using a simple compile of wraptime.c instead of
> the .o produced by the make process.

weird - could you possibly capture the C preprocessor output of
wraptime.c - you can do this by:

$ cd build-4.1.2/gcc
$ rm gm2/gm2-libs-iso/wraptime.o
$ make gm2/gm2-libs-iso/wraptime.o

 <...  lots of gcc command line info ...>

now cut and paste this command line and repeat it but critically
modify it by

replacing  '-c' by '-E'

and altering the destination output to say
 -o cppwraptime.build

if you can do the same for you private working compile of wraptime,
say use:
 -o cppwraptime.local

and email me these two files - hopefully I'll see enough differences.
Probably a configure issue..