Re: [Gm2] Re: FIO EOF fixed

From: SiTex Graphics
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Re: FIO EOF fixed
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 23:24:59 -0400

Hi Gaius,

The behavior I reported for wraptime did indeed seem weird.  I checked
to see whether the new .o files were properly installed and discovered
that the installed .o files were from January.  I thought 'make
install' would automatically overwrite those (as it does for gm2 etc),
but apparently it does not.

After removing the old .o files and re-running make install, wraptime
now behaves as expected.

But IOChan.RawRead now generates an unexpected exception in our main
application.  It only happens with some files, and so far I haven't
been able to reproduce the error in a standalone test.  Attempting to
track down the exception source I tried the following after EXCEPT in
my wrapper procedure for RawRead:

1. EXCEPTION.GetMessage() doesn't return anything (and maybe even
generates a new exception?)

2. IOChan.IsChanException() returns FALSE

3. IOChan.DeviceError() returns 2

-Scott