[Gm2] First time user needs help

From: Duke Normandin
Subject: [Gm2] First time user needs help
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 20:38:24 -0600 (MDT)

Hello List....

I'm new to Modula-2 ( new to all Wirth's languages), but with "some"
Oberon-2 exposure.

I've got GM2 installed on my Xubuntu box, as well as the Coronado
Tutorial. I want to run the Coronado examples, but am having trouble
getting things organized. I suspect that I'm not IMPORTing the correct
modules, because I'm more than a bit confused with ISO, PIM etc
modules. Here's the first example I need to compile:

MODULE FirstEx;

FROM InOut IMPORT WriteLn, WriteString, WriteCard;

VAR Index : CARDINAL;

BEGIN

   WriteString("This is our first example program");
   WriteLn;
   WriteLn;
   FOR Index := 1 TO 12 DO
      WriteString("The value of the index is now ");
      WriteCard(Index,3);
      WriteLn;
   END

END FirstEx.

gm2 FirstEx.mod
/tmp/cc88QDty.a(ccCMkDYZstart.o): In function `init(int, char**)':
cc8SWNIx.cpp:(.text+0x2b0): undefined reference to `_M2_FirstEx_init'
/tmp/cc88QDty.a(ccCMkDYZstart.o): In function `finish()':
cc8SWNIx.cpp:(.text+0x301): undefined reference to
`_M2_FirstEx_finish'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

gm2 -c FirstEx.mod

compiles the above code to FirstEx.o, which I'm taking for granted is
correct. So the linking process is getting hosed somewhere. What am I
missing, please? TIA...
--
Duke