Re: [Gm2] Report: Building gm2-1.0.4 on FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE i386

From: john o goyo
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Report: Building gm2-1.0.4 on FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE i386
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 16:57:46 -0400

On 16-Jun-12, at 2:04 PM, Gaius Mulley wrote:
Martin Hofmann <address@hidden> writes (in part):
Hi there,

I'm new to this list, so first of all: thank you for the great work so far!

Using the tarball

   gcc-4.1.2+gm2-1.0.4.tar.gz

I have managed to build gm2 on a 32-bit FreeBSD 9.0 system, but only
after some tweaking. Here is what I've done, hopefully this can help
others.

1  Environment
--------------

- Make python accessible in /usr/bin: By default, the python interpreter
 is in /usr/local/bin, but some scripts in the gm2 distribution
 reference it in its first line as

   #!/usr/bin/python

 (I'd prefer this to be as follows ...)

   #!python

Hi,

thanks for the feedback and fixes.  I wonder whether:

#!/usr/bin/env python

might be slightly better.  But sure all the #!/usr/bin/python
need to be changed.

Solaris 10 also has python in /usr/local/bin but I have no problem. Is this a configure issue?

[...]

- Force using gmake instead of BSD make:

Building on Solaris 10 also requires gmake but configure picks that up correctly.

john