Re: [Gm2] Report: Building gm2-1.0.4 on FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE i386

From: Martin Hofmann
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Report: Building gm2-1.0.4 on FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE i386
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 23:41:21 +0200

Am 2012-06-16 20:04, schrieb Gaius Mulley:
> thanks for the feedback and fixes. I wonder whether:
> #!/usr/bin/env python
> might be slightly better. But sure all the #!/usr/bin/python
> need to be changed.

(about make/gmake)

> ok probably this can be fixed by using $(MAKE) in all the Makefiles
> and then setting the environment.

Don't put too much effort into this python/gmake stuff while there is an
easy workaround ...

Couriously, the make process without the symlink came pretty far and
only bailed out on "make gm2.1", ie when trying to (re)make the man
page. It was the error "Don't know how to make w." that let me conclude
(via google, that is) that there was still BSD make sneaking in.

> also thank you for the awk fix - will change these as well. It will be
> interesting to hear how the make check-gm2 progresses,

At the moment, I don't have all the prerequisites for that on my FreeBSD
box, but I'll try it out the other day.

Maybe I'll also look into a build on a PowerPC Mac OS X 10.4.11
("a venerable language on a venerable system" ;-)

Regards
Martin

--
And one day you get that letter you've been waiting for forever.
And everything it says is true.

                                -- Laurie Anderson: "Same Time Tomorrow"