Re: [Gm2] gm2 grafted onto gcc-4.7.1

From: Dragiša Durić
Subject: Re: [Gm2] gm2 grafted onto gcc-4.7.1
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 17:13:10 +0200

A bit offtopic, but why is g++ required for linking?

BTW, it's great to hear this news. I am looking forward for even better gm2. Thank you!

dd

--
Divided by a common language

Dragiša Durić

On Oct 19, 2012, at 5:10 PM, Gaius Mulley wrote:

john o goyo <address@hidden> writes:

All the gm2 bug fixes from 4.1.2 have been applied to the 4.7.1 tree.
Anyway having gm2 on 4.7.1 should be useful.

Very useful indeed. But I am confused.  Gnu announced that as of
2012-08-14: "GCC now uses C++ as its implementation language."  How
does this affect this?

jog

Hi John,

It shouldn't affect us currently (4.7.1).  Even in the future -
it shouldn't have too much impact - as gm2 already requires g++ for
linking.  It appears that the core of gcc will be callable from C, so
gm2 will hopefully have much the same internal api.  Even if this were
untrue one could write C wrappers deep down in the interface between gm2
and gcc.