Re: [Gm2] gm2 grafted onto gcc-4.7.1

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] gm2 grafted onto gcc-4.7.1
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 21:50:48 +0100

Dragiša Durić <address@hidden> writes:

> A bit offtopic, but why is g++ required for linking?
>
> BTW, it's great to hear this news. I am looking forward for even better gm2.
> Thank you!
>
> dd

Hi,

thanks!  The reason for the g++ linking is because of the initial main()
program which is a sequence of calls to each implementation module all
inside a try clause.  The except clause calls the default error handler.
All exception throwing uses the c++ mechanism - which allows for inter
language throw/catching and allows swig to produce script wrappers etc.

There is an interesting thread here which covers more of the detail:

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gm2/2012-06/msg00006.html