Re: IDE or Editor support for GM2?

From: Ben Stuyts
Subject: Re: IDE or Editor support for GM2?
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2020 12:34:25 +0200

On 24 Mar 2020, at 15:01, Gaius Mulley <address@hidden> wrote:

Hưng Hưng <address@hidden> writes:

I currently use JEdit and modify their Modula-3 modes to support
Modula-2. But it provides nothing other than syntax highlighting. No
autocompletion, so code folding/unfolding. I know we have something
for Emacs but the vast majority of users don't use Emacs, or even Vim.
I'm from a younger generation who found working with these editors is
torturous but no pleasure. Does we have anything better than just
syntax highlighting? An IDE or Editor with support for autocompletion,
at least with basic construct like BEGIN...END, FOR...END,... and
automatic code folding/unfolding? If you know something like this
please let me know. Thanks.

ah ok, I'm afraid I use emacs with the gm2 lower case mode, it looks
really nice :-) imho

I am checking out Visual Studio Code because of another project where my co-worker is already using it. There is an M2 mode available for it. It has basic support for autocompletion. See https://github.com/redstar/m2-vscode

Ben