gnewsense-art

Re: [gNewSense-art] grub splash screen

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-art] grub splash screen
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 16:43:42 +1030

On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 11:17:40 -0500
Luis Felipe Lopez Acevedo <address@hidden> wrote:

(moved the reply to the bottom).

> 2009/2/28 Graziano Sorbaioli <address@hidden>

> > Do we have a gnewsense grub splash screen?
> >
> > I was thinking about something like this one:
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Tours_Fedora10_000_Install_Boot.png
> >

> > It would be great to have one and have it integrated in the next
> > release!

Not 2.2, but I'll be willing to push it for 2.3 or 2.4.

> > sirgazil? Karl?
> >
> > Any possibilities?
>

> I'll try to do it, but I'm not familiar with GRUB.

I'm happy to review a patch to builder.

> Is there any restrictions for images used in that context? size,
> number of colors, format?
> Is the image for GRUB splash or for GRUB menu interface background?

When your doing searches for info, it may be helpful to tack 'debian'
into the search, as its entirely possible they have changed the way
splashes are handled.
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)