gnewsense-art

Re: [gNewSense-art] Promotional art for Parkes

From: IntrosMedia
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-art] Promotional art for Parkes
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 09:32:21 -0500

2012/10/26 r. siddharth <address@hidden>
On Friday 26 October 2012 04:57 AM, IntrosMedia wrote:
Hi,

Howdy Felipe Lopez, Dramatic, I should say.

I am no good at art, but here is my humble suggestion (view point) -- "Lets use just _one_ color predominantly, if it is 'red', then we use 'red' as the dominant color in all of our artwork, in our website, etc."

I agree. Blue will be the base color:

http://gnewsense.org/ArtworkProjects/Parkes

Why I suggest this is that I think it adds some of "visual coherency" to  whole thing (the gNewSense project). While this idea is not my own and it is comes from various organizations which use _one_ color to represent them -- the EFF uses 'red' predominantly, Kodak uses 'yellow', Virgin group uses 'red', LIVESTRONG Foundation uses 'yellow', etc. As a consequence, when you think about these organizations, the respective splash of color hits your head. Bingo! It'd be nice to see that happen for the gNewSense project.

Thanks for paying heed.

Thank you for your feedback ;)

--
rsiddharth