gnewsense-art

Re: [gNewSense-art] Promotional art for Parkes

From: r. siddharth
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-art] Promotional art for Parkes
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 16:30:14 +0530

On Friday 26 October 2012 04:57 AM, IntrosMedia wrote:
Hi,

Howdy Felipe Lopez,

I'm working on promotional art now:

http://galaksio.readthedocs.org/en/latest/promotional.html

Dramatic, I should say.

I am no good at art, but here is my humble suggestion (view point) -- "Lets use just _one_ color predominantly, if it is 'red', then we use 'red' as the dominant color in all of our artwork, in our website, etc."

Why I suggest this is that I think it adds some of "visual coherency" to whole thing (the gNewSense project). While this idea is not my own and it is comes from various organizations which use _one_ color to represent them -- the EFF uses 'red' predominantly, Kodak uses 'yellow', Virgin group uses 'red', LIVESTRONG Foundation uses 'yellow', etc. As a consequence, when you think about these organizations, the respective splash of color hits your head. Bingo! It'd be nice to see that happen for the gNewSense project.

Thanks for paying heed.
--
rsiddharth
http://rsiddharth.ninth.su/