Good and bad news about 6160

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Good and bad news about 6160
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 02:04:36 +0200

Hi,

Thanks to Adam Monsen I managed to test a nokia 6160 phone. The bad news is
it won't accept the same command set as the 6110 phones. I created a skeleton
driver and added phonebook reading & writing support. I committed my
changes into the cvs. If you have a compatible phone please test the
driver. You have to set the model to 6160.

In the future I won't have time to develop/maintain this driver, so
volunteers needed to continue the development (I try to implement more,
but I have more important things to do). It seems the current protocol
description (see Docs/protocol/nk6160.txt) is quite short and
confusing, so better frame dumps required.

Bye,
Bozo