Re: 6160 and TDMA phones

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: 6160 and TDMA phones
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 02:13:47 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 12:59:17PM -0400, Derek Broughton wrote:
> Message sent: 0x64 / 0x0004
> 00 01 00 10                                     |
> Serial device: setting RTS to low and DTR to low
> Serial device: setting RTS to high and DTR to low
> SM_Block Retry - 0

This is normal, it seems the tdma phones don't support this message.

> Message sent: 0xd1 / 0x0005
> 00 01 00 03 00                                  |
> Serial device: setting RTS to low and DTR to low
> Serial device: setting RTS to high and DTR to low
> SM_Block Retry - 0

But it's strange. This frame should work on tdma phones. Today I managed
to create an experimental 6160 driver and it seems the 6160 accepts this
frame. What kind of cable do you have? Is your cable working correctly?
The 6160 driver requires an mbus cable.

Bye,
Bozo