Re: Win32 serial driver ?

From: Gnokii for Win32
Subject: Re: Win32 serial driver ?
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 14:27:10 +0200

Marcin,

There are driver samples in the DDK's that Microsoft delivers. AFAIK the
DDK's are freely downloadable.

One suggestion, why not try to make something like the psuedo TTY stuff that
Unix has. Not just *Gnokii will benefit, a lot of other people/projects will
be interested as well. One of the benifits IMHO is that the AT-emulator can
run in user mode and is therefor much easier to debug.

Try to find INSTDRV.C and SIMPLDRV.C on the web. These files show how to
make it possible to load and run a device driver during run-time. Haven't
found a serial emulator, but the is a serial sample in the DDK allthough
targeted at the UART.

Good luck.
Feico