Re: 3360 report

From: kevin thayer
Subject: Re: 3360 report
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 00:16:37 -0700 (PDT)

Mark,

The problem you see is due to the gnokii code no
parsing the model number correctly. I reported this a
few months ago (Along with a patch) but I guess it
didn't make it in.

Once it's patched to recognise the model #, you'll get
it to work until you try to do anything, at which
point you'll get an 'unhandled frame' error I believe.

Quick fix is to find the code that contains the
definition for "NPW-1" and change it to "PW-1\n" or
something similar. (the \n means carraige return)
Gnokii's model recognition fails when parsing this for
some reason, and grabs the wrong 5 bytes. Another
option would be to hard-code the result so that it
returns "NPW-1" no matter what it actually finds ;)

I have trouble believing that there is no interest
from the gnokii development team for this extremely
popular phone (at least in california, it seems
everyone has them) I've posted dumps of the errant
sessions and offered to help, but haven't been met
with replies.

At any rate, Good Luck to you :)

-Kevin