Re: 8210 and IrDa

From: Thomas Watz
Subject: Re: 8210 and IrDa
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 21:56:18 +0200

Am Mittwoch, 21. August 2002 10:49 schrieb Pawel Kot:
> Well, just one more thing came to my mind. Are you able to connect
> to the phone over irda using minicom?

Hello Pawel,

now I am able to connect over minicom.
I can type a AT and it gives back a OK. I am using ircomm0 to connect.

Also:
gamma:/home/thomas# cat /proc/net/irda/discovery
IrLMP: Discovery log:

nickname: Nokia 8210, hint: 0xb125, saddr: 0xaa53bcb9, daddr:
0xb2000000

And of course, as I have written before irdadump is working.

But gnokii does not like my 8210

address@hidden:~$ gnokii --identify
GNOKII Version 0.4.3
Telephone interface init failed: Command timed out. Quitting.

address@hidden:~$ cat .gnokiirc
[global]
port = /dev/ircomm0
#port = /dev/ttyS0
model = 8210
initlength = default
connection = irda    #serial
bindir = /usr/sbin/

So, perhaps it is related to my selfcompiling?

Thomas
--
God said: tar xvzf universe.tar.gz - and the Universe was!