Re: 8210 and IrDa

From: Thomas Watz
Subject: Re: 8210 and IrDa
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 09:34:18 +0200

Am Mittwoch, 21. August 2002 09:40 schrieb Thomas Watz:
> Am Montag, 19. August 2002 12:26 schrieb Pawel Kot:
> > On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Thomas Watz wrote:
> > > I am trying to get my 8210 working with gnokii and IrDA, but I
> > > am not successful :-(
> > > It is working with a normal cable without a problem it seems
> > > and IrDA ist working on Win98, so it should work. I am running
> > > a serial dongle (Actisys IR220L+)
[...]

I now compiled gnokii from cvs (24.08) with --enable-debug and got
this output:

gamma:/home/thomas# gnokii --identify
GNOKII Version 0.5.0pre
Opened configuration file /root/.gnokiirc
Added new section global
Adding key/value port//dev/ircomm0
Adding key/value model/8210
Adding key/value initlength/1    #default
Adding key/value connection/irda    #serial
Adding key/value bindir//usr/sbin/
Adding key/value use_locking/no
Serial device: opening device /dev/ircomm0
Serial device: setting speed to 115200
Serial device: setting RTS to low and DTR to high
Getting phone info (old way)...
Message sent: 0xd1 / 0x0005
00 01 00 03 00                                  |
SM_Block Retry - 0
Message sent: 0xd1 / 0x0005
00 01 00 03 00                                  |
The fbus stream is out of sync - expected 0x0c, got  0
SM_Block Retry - 1
Message sent: 0xd1 / 0x0005
00 01 00 03 00                                  |
The fbus stream is out of sync - expected 0x0c, got  0
SM_Block Retry - 2
Telephone interface init failed: Command timed out. Quitting.

Perhaps this give someone another idea what might be wrong with my
irda-gnokii connection?

Thanks, Thomas
--
God said: tar xvzf universe.tar.gz - and the Universe was!