Re: Bluetooth

From: Timothy Murphy
Subject: Re: Bluetooth
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 16:53:44 +0000

On Sunday 02 February 2003 15:47, Marcel  wrote:

> > I know -- or assume --
> > that Bluetooth is not yet officially a part of gnokii,
> > although the code (unixbluetooth.c) is there.
> >
> > But looking at the sources,
> > it seemed that gnokii-bluetooth would use
> > the old bluez-kernel sources,
> > which are now deprecated
> > as bluez is now incorporated into the main kernel tree.
... [so I tried]
> > ./autogen.sh --with-bluetooth=/usr/src/linux/
>
> please stop try doing this. The kernel include files are for kernel use
> only. No program in userspace should use them. The include files for
> programs come with the bluez-libs package and will be normaly installed
> into /usr/include/bluetooth and so the current code include them
> correctly.

OK, apologies.

I should have said that I started by trying

./configure --with-bluetooth=/usr/lib/

and various variations on this,
but they all led to the mysterious compile error

-- ../common/libgnokii.so: undefined reference to `.L911'

(mysterious to me because L911 is not mentioned anywhere
in the gnokii sources though it does appear eg in
"strings nk6510.o").

I must admit that when I just run ./configure with no argument
gnokii does compile without problem
and also  ./include/config.h does include
#define HAVE_BLUETOOTH 1

Does this mean that one should _not_ give the argument
--with-bluetooth=... to ./configure or ./autogen.sh ?
[It's not really clear to me what this argument is for in that case.]

But how would one run gnokii with bluetooth,
assuming it was implemented?
I tried setting "connection = bluetooth" in .gnokiirc
but this (not surprisingly) was not understood.
When I use "connection = serial" I get -- again not surprisingly --
====================================
address@hidden tim]$ gnokii --identify
GNOKII Version 0.5.0pre4
Gnokii serial_open:tcgetattr: Input/output error
Couldn't open FBUS device: Input/output error
Gnokii serial_open:tcgetattr: Input/output error
Couldn't open FBUS device: Input/output error
Gnokii serial_open:tcgetattr: Input/output error
Couldn't open FBUS device: Input/output error
Telephone interface init failed: Command failed. Quitting.
====================================

(This is after connecting computer to phone with

address@hidden tim]$ rfcomm connect 0 $PHONE 1
Connected /dev/rfcomm0 to 00:02:EE:10:A5:BE on channel 1
Press CTRL-C for hangup

resulting in the message "Connecting to william"
on my Nokia 6310.)

Any advice or suggestions gratefully received.

Timothy Murphy
e-mail: address@hidden
tel: +353-86-233 6090