Re: Bluetooth

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Bluetooth
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 01:27:27 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

Small Bluetooth update.

I'm following Marcel's hints in bluetooth driver development. Already
found another email in the archive confirming that fbus mode can't be
initialized with at*nokiafbus over bluetooth (well, Nokia PCSuite 4.5
would do it only with Nokia Bluetooth Adapter, maybe it is better with
PCSuite 4.8).

Anyway, what I'd like to achieve in the short term is AT driver and nk7110
driver working over Bluetooth. AFAIR some 6210 models have bluetooth
adapter. Any tester of this?
The goal is to have own rfcomm sockets support. I will implement
registering with sdp service soon. But for now we have working Bluetooth
support over tty interface.

To enable bluetooth working make the following changes in the .gnokiirc:
model = AT
[ I hope model = 6210 will work as well ]
connection = bluetooth
port = /dev/rfcomm0

I assume that you have Bluetooth stuff set up (see http://bluez.sf.net/
for the detailes).

As you have modules loaded, interface is up, hcid, sdpd are running, use
rfcomm utility:

rfcomm bind /dev/rfcomm0 11:22:33:44:55:66 1

changing the phone address with the correct value.

Note, that you need to have write access to /dev/rfcomm0.

And now use gnokii. It works with AT driver nad my Nokia 6310.

pkot