Re: Windows GUI Interface for Gnokii

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Windows GUI Interface for Gnokii
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 22:03:53 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, Marcus Godehardt wrote:

> Ok i will try to work with gnokii as dll and create a native
> Win9x/WinNT GUI.

Glad to hear that. I'm afraid I won't help you in coding it, but I may
offer some help (if you need) with libgnokii interface and with the tests.

> The new GUI for GNOKII is called NOK-O-MANIA ( do u like it ? ).

OK for me.

> And it would be nice if anybody explains me how to send updates to
> project ( do use cvs )

Grab cvs sources (cvs co gnokii) and try to be up-to-date -- there's
gnokii-commit list at savannah where all updates info is sent.

Then make changes in your local repository.

When it's done, create a patch:
cvs diff -u

But please try to make one patch per feature.

And send the patch to the list. You may get some request for changes in
the patch before submitting.

And probably you'll get cvs write access after some period of submitting
good patches :-) If you would like to maintain windows gui of course.

> 1.) Create working gnokii DLL for Windows system

I belive we're not far from that.

> 2.) Fix Bugs i found in gnokii serial com for windows

Good, care to mention them?

> 3.) Integrate gnokii DLL in my GUI

I'm not sure how windows works, but I always thought you may use DLL for
dynamic linking.

> I hope u want some help from a windows programmer ( i wrote several
> device drivers for Windows and i am very familiar with Win32 COM).

That's great. We in fact miss a windows programmer in the long term and
that's the reason why some things may not work under windows.

> Give me some time i will do this next weekend and inform u about my
> success ( or failure )

Okay, we'll wait. Take your time.

pkot