problems with gnokii and 6310i on linux

From: pulleman
Subject: problems with gnokii and 6310i on linux
Date: 22 Feb 2003 19:38:12 +0100

hi there,

Using a 6310i (v5.22,15-11-02,npl-1) with DLR-3P, pl-2303 usb to serial
converter gnokii is soooo slow. Strange is that I see a packet on the
serail line, and then 3 seconds break.
By using the nokia-application on win2k, which runs in a vmware, it is
much, much faster.

gnokii-0.5.0pre9
my .gnokiirc :

model = 6510
initlength = 1
connection = dlr3p
use_locking = yes
serial_baudrate = 19200

Starting xgnokii takes 45 seconds (until the connecting... disappears)

Contacts
        Read from phone (191 entrys) takes 7 minutes

Calendar
        Having 2 appointments in calendar, reading takes 30 seconds
        during read I can see a event 6 failed with code 14

SMS
        opening is fast, only 7 seconds, but therefore I can't see any
        sms in gnokii, neither inbox nor outbox
        Sending sms takes 14 seconds, but works
        after closing sms-dialog, i can see a "refreshing sms" in main  window,
but I interrupted it after 30 minutes.

Logos
        setting bitmap fails with error=11

        takes 3 minutes to load

What can I do to get it working faster ?
any and every input appretiated,

thanks

pulleman