Re: problems with gnokii and 6310i on linux

From: Dimitris Stasinopoulos
Subject: Re: problems with gnokii and 6310i on linux
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 16:29:37 +0200

On Sat 22 Feb 2003 20:38, pulleman wrote:
> hi there,
>
> Using a 6310i (v5.22,15-11-02,npl-1) with DLR-3P, pl-2303 usb to serial
> converter gnokii is soooo slow.

I also have exactly the same problem, using the 6310i, the DLR-3P cable,
and the FTDI usb to serial, since my laptop has no serial ports.

> Starting xgnokii takes 45 seconds
> Read from phone (191 entrys) takes 7 minutes
> Having 2 appointments in calendar, reading takes 30 seconds

All these figures also pretty much describe my situation too. I also get
many failures: Sometimes it will communicate successfully, sometimes it
won't. I have neither the DLR cable nor the converter with me right now,
so please tell me if you want  any debugging output.

Thanks.
--
The Master told his Pupils: "Forget being taught and
concentrate on learning. When you are sure, question everything."