Nokia 7110, dlr-3 or dau-9 and gnokii

From: Stefano Canepa
Subject: Nokia 7110, dlr-3 or dau-9 and gnokii
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 21:28:03 +0200

Hi all,
        I am using my Nokia 7110 with xgnokii/gnokii without any problem
in sending SMS, editing phone book and so on. I cannot use my mobile as
a modem.
        I have two cables one is a dlr-3 and the other is a dau-9. Both
cables work properly for the above functions. I know that I need a
dlr-3p to use Nokia 7110 direcly as a modem so I decided to use gnokiid.
        I tried gnokiid 0.50.0 anda 0.50.1 (the first from debian
package the second compiled from source) both of them does not answer
anything more that version indication, no error but neigther the message
of device creation completed.
        Could somebody give me some advices? First of all it could be
possible to use 7110 with gnokii and one of the cables I have? How can I
manege to have debugging output from gnokiid?

        TIA
        Stefano

--
Stefano Canepa e-mail: address@hidden
To follow the path: look at the master, follow the master, walk with the