Telephone interface init failed: Device not ready. Quitting.

From: sam foo
Subject: Telephone interface init failed: Device not ready. Quitting.
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 13:20:53 +0800

hi all:
do anyone having this problem, when i need to connect to my 8250 using gnokii, i need to 're-try' a few time before i can acces to the phone as shown below:
# gnokii --identify
GNOKII Version 0.5.0
Telephone interface init failed: Device not ready. Quitting.
# gnokii --identify
GNOKII Version 0.5.0
Telephone interface init failed: Device not ready. Quitting.
# gnokii --identify
GNOKII Version 0.5.0
IMEI         : 745678965874543
Manufacturer : Nokia
Model        : NSM-3D
Revision     : SW 5.02, HW 0502

i'm using latest cvs version, sun ultra 2 machine with solaris 8 & the mbus cable , below is my .gnokiirc,is this normal or any way to improve this ?
thank you very much
# more /.gnokiirc
[global]
port = /dev/ttya