car kit, handset losses "Car" status

From: Tobie Kerridge
Subject: car kit, handset losses "Car" status
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 10:24:32 +0100

Hi,

I'm using a 5110 with nokia's CARK-91 car kit. When I initially seat the phone, the display indicates "Car" and in this state the mobile will use the CARK audio I/O. I can use gnokii to monitor and control the phone, all is good.

Over a period of use, and for reasons unknown to me, the phone will loose the "Car" status, subsequent calls will then use the handsets built in microphone and speaker, which is a huge problem for my application.

Is there anyway to check and/or set this feature of the phone, or a way to reset the operation of the phone to the CARK environment?

best wishes,
Tobie