5110: gnokii --writephonebook is broken; gnokii/xgnokii do not write uml

From: Christian Fughe
Subject: 5110: gnokii --writephonebook is broken; gnokii/xgnokii do not write umlaute
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 04:28:30 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

 - phone model     : Nokia 5110
 - connection type : serial cable DAU9P
 - gnokii version  : from gnokii-0.5.5.tar.bz2

        GNOKII Version 0.5.5
        Copyright (C) Hugh Blemings <address@hidden>, 1999, 2000
        Copyright (C) Pavel Janik ml. <address@hidden>, 1999, 2000
        Copyright (C) Pavel Machek <address@hidden>, 2001
        Copyright (C) Pawel Kot <address@hidden>, 2001-2003
        Copyright (C) BORBELY Zoltan <address@hidden>, 2002
        gnokii is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and
you are
conditions.
        There is absolutely no warranty for gnokii.  See GPL for details.
        Built 02:36:31 Nov  4 2003

All patches are attached in 'gnokii_0.5.5-1.diff.gz'.

1. problem (gnokii only)

    Gnokii --writephonebook fails with the result shown in attachment
    'gnokii.txt'. For more information I added some 'fprintf(stderr...)'
    statements to 'gnokii-0.5.5/common/phones/nk6100.c'.

    The patch of 'gnokii-0.5.5/gnokii/gnokii.c' cures the problem by
    removing 'entry->subentries_count = 1;'. The result of 'gnokii
    --writephonebook' is in 'gnokii.mod.txt'.

2. problem (gnokii and xgnokii)

    Gnokii and xgnokii read German umlauts from the phone book of my
    5110 but do not write them.  Umlauts are replaced by spaces on
    writing. Example: 'Günni' -> 'G nni'. The patch of
    'gnokii-0.5.5/common/phones/nokia.c' cures this problem for me, but
    is nothing else then a pointer to the problem.

    My environment settings:

    address@hidden
    LANGUAGE=de
    CHARSET=iso8859-15