Re: 5110: gnokii --writephonebook is broken; gnokii/xgnokii do not write

From: Christian Fughe
Subject: Re: 5110: gnokii --writephonebook is broken; gnokii/xgnokii do not write umlaute
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 17:24:41 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, BORBELY Zoltan wrote:

> Thanks for spotting these out. I committed a better fix into the cvs.

Most part is doing fine now except writing all German umlauts. The
letters 'äÄß' are translated in the wrong way.

Writing to the phone,

---snip---
$ echo -n 'GüäöÜÄÖßnni;+491234567890;SM;4;0'| gnokii --writephonebook -o
GNOKII Version 0.5.5
Write Succeeded: memory type: SIM card, loc: 4, name: GüäöÜÄÖßnni, number:
+491234567890
Data format is not valid.
---snip---

makes the phone display the string 'Gü öÜ ÖInni'.

Reading the phonebook returns:

---snip---
$ gnokii --getphonebook SM 4 -r
GNOKII Version 0.5.5
Gü öÜ ÖInni;+491234567890;SM;4;0
---snip---

The patch I submitted before is not doing fine either! Using my patch
for writing and reading I get the following result. The phone displays
the string 'GüäöÜÄÖßnni' after writing which is ok, but returns the
following wrong string on reading:

---snip---
$ gnokii --getphonebook SM 4 -r
GNOKII Version 0.5.5