Re: Gnokii doesnt work with 6310i

From: bozo
Subject: Re: Gnokii doesnt work with 6310i
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 16:01:15 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 01:02:11AM +0000, Mattia wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 00:29:55 +0100
> [global]
> port = /dev/ttyS0
> model = 6310i
> initlength = 0
> connection = dlr3p
> bindir = /home/mattia/gnokii/bin
> use_locking = no
> serial_baudrate = 19200
> smsc_timeout = 10
> [connect_script]
> TELEPHONE = 12345678
> [disconnect_script]

[...]

> I have installed gnokii 0.5.6. I tried with /dev/ttyS0 and /dev/ttyS1.

The debug output shows clearly the phone doesn't reply to gnokii.
Are you sure you're cable is ok? Is it a dlr3p cable? If you are using
some kind of terminal emulation program (e.g. kermit, minicom), are you
able to use the built in modem of your phone? If it isn't work, maybe
your cable is broken or it isn't a dlr3p cable. You can try to use
connection = serial or connection = m2bus in this case.

Bye,
Bozo