Re: gnokii-0.5.5 question

From: Jan Derfinak
Subject: Re: gnokii-0.5.5 question
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 10:08:08 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, oscean wrote:

>       Anyway, its working fine. Now, i have to configure
> gnokii with smsd feature. README file says i have to
> run configure, switch to smsd directory, and edit its
> Makefile before i run make. I dont have any clue as to
> what im supposed to edit here. Please help.

The REDME says: "You must edit
"DB Modules" section in smsd's Makefile and adapt paths to your system and
compile module for your DB server."

> ### DB Modules
> # Change this according to your system
> # FIXME: detect it in configure
>
> # PostgreSQL support
> libpq.so: smsd.h pq.c
>         gcc -shared -o libpq.so `glib-config --cflags`
> -I../include \
>         -I/usr/include/pgsql pq.c `glib-config --libs`
> -lpq
>
> # MySQL support
> libmysql.so: smsd.h mysql.c
>         gcc -shared -o libmysql.so `glib-config
> --cflags` -I../include \
>         -I/usr/include/mysql mysql.c `glib-config
> --libs` -L/usr/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient
>
> ### End of DB Modules

So you must check paths. Do you have postgres headers in /usr/include/pgsql?
Do you have mysql headers in /usr/include/mysql?
Do you have mysql libraries in /usr/lib/mysql?

                                jan